This Log Church pictured below right was designed by Ralph Adams Cram, who also designed the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York. The building was erected in 1927 a few miles east of Andersonville. Dr. James Bolan Lawrence and his congregation used the church until his death.
The building was donated to Andersonville by the Pennington family and the Andersonville Guild restored it to its original condition.
The Village Hall was built in 1843 and was located five miles away at Lightwood Creek. It was brought to Andersonville in 1890. It served as the Andersonville Baptist Church for many years. After sitting idle for numerous years, the last congregation member donated the building to the Andersonville Guild. Fundraisers were held, and a complete renovation was accomplished.
Visit Historic Andersonville Georgia
The Andersonville Guild, the Historic Preservation Society of Andersonville is proud to offer two historic buildings that can be rented for weddings, receptions, meetings or family reunions.
Saint James Pennington Log Church
These buildings can be rented together or seperately.
For more information Please email: email@example.com